Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful


Oh Thanksgiving. What a wonderful time of year!! We are nearing Christmas and it just brings happiness to my home. The holidays start with Halloween and then continue with fun, food, friends and family. So this season we have to take a minute a truly be grateful....(even for those things I would hate to say outloud).

I am thankful for my heavenly father and lord in savior. He brings all the blessings to my life that I could not live without.

I am thankful for parents who at one time loved each other enough to bring me into this world.

I am thankful for my children and the joy they bring to my heart. They have been sent especially for me.

I am thankful for a King size bed. On lonely nights I have enough to spread out and roll over without falling off the bed. On nights where the kids have nightmares or feel especially loving I am glad that I have the room to share with them.

I am thankful to have a home with a roof, running water and electricity. So many people this time of year do without so many things. And just having the comforts of home to go to makes this time of year less stressful.

I am thankful for my job. I complain on a daily but without my job I don't know where we would be. I have a wonderful boss and for the most part I work with truly good hearted people.

I am thankful for my many freedoms. We have soliders overseas fighting for our freedoms everyday and because of that they give up the time that they could be spending with their families and friends.

I am thankful for my immediate family. Although far from us they are still near and dear to our hearts. WE MISS YOU ALL!!

I am thankful for my friends who inspire me everyday. I have been so blessed to meet so many wonderful people in my short time on this earth. Some I don't see all that often but they are in my heart this holiday season.

I am thankful for my pets. Boo, Goblin, Pumpkin and Salt. You make life comical. It helps not take anything to seriously. Nothing like a bite on the toe when you are trying to have a serious discussion on the telephone.

I am thankful for my craft talents. This time of year can be stressful but this time of year I enjoy spending time making cards and completing our family album. That time is reserved just for me and is truly an escape.

I am thankful for my extended family and the kids' dad who love us unconditionnally and find time to spend with us.

So many more things that I am truly thankful for. My education, our librarians who keep us stocked with good reading materials and dvd entertainment, my health and my children's health. Our lives have been truly blessed. Although I wish I could add a couple more dollars to my bank account I wouldn't change anything about it so far.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment